Thursday, November 27, 2008

Note to self: NEVER schedule family pictures on my birthday!

My birthday was actually a great day, it started off with my kids and Theron making me pancakes for breakfast. I was ordered to stay in bed...fine with me. They got me Wii Fit for my present. I have been wanting that! I can do yoga and some good exercises to get in shape during the cold months. Then the day started to get a little panicky! I scheduled our first family pictures on my birthday which was the craziest idea I have ever had. I didn't know how stressful it was going to be. I took the girls to get their hair done at the mall. Good idea right? Not so much...the girl that told me she would be there to do it wasn't. She also told me their would be 2 girls so it would go a lot faster. Didn't happen! Only one girl was there and she was so slow. I was trying to not act like I was staring at my watch and wanting her to go faster. Overall, she did Rachels hair, I did Briannes because she was taking so long and Brookes hair wouldn't curl at all. (I could write a whole bunch about that but I will save you the drama of it all!) Jessica was at basketball practice which she couldn't miss. So, she walked in an hour before we were scheduled for pictures. I was yelling through the house for Jessica to hurry and shower, Brooke why won't your hair curl, Nathan don't fight with Brooke, Rachel stop wrestling with Nathan and messing up your hair!
I turned into some other kind of alien and was having a panic attack. Then we showed up at the wrong place for our pictures which was the last straw! We finally got to the right place and had to put on those "oh, we are such a happy family smiles" and got it done.
But, I am so glad we got it done. I can't believe we have never had a family shot professionally done before. We went lastnight to look at them and they turned out pretty good.
I did get lots and lots of kisses and hugs for my birthday though......


7 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't wait to see the photos! You'll have to blog them SOON! Hope you had a wonderful birthday in spite of all of the chaos!

jsabbott6 said...

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday dearest Stephanie....Happy Birthday to you!!!!
You have the most gorgeous family so you could of worn garbage bags and they would of been pictures to envy by all!!!
Have fun with your Wii fit...We got it for me and the other night we turned it on and my person I think had died. Oh well the thought was there...Wish you better luck!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the pictures turned out Great, I can't wait to see them! Rachel and Brianne's hair looks absolutely beautiful in that picture!!! Hurry and post the pictures when you get them, I'm excited to see them. love Janel

Jenny Moore said...

You are so lucky to be able to do girly stuff like that! I can't wait to see the pictures. Happy Birthday!

Duane and Jennifer Ralphs said...

Stephanie! Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had a great time! You are such a cute MOM!! How old are you now? 21! You look great!
Have a wonderful night! :)

Gords said...

I totally know what it's like putting on the fake smiles just after having a blowout. Makes me feel like a loser. Good thing you'll soon forget how crappy the day was when you look at the pictures years from now.

It's good that pictures don't portray what a person is thinking. There would be alot less of them.

Happy Birthday

Ginger said...

I knew you would have an awsome birthday (pictures aside) because you have an awesome family! I can so relate with the picture story, I told you how bad my experience was just to get everyone ready and there! I hope I didn't jinx you! I'm sure they're awesome, can't wait to see them.