I love Conference Weekend! I love having my family all together, snuggled under blankets and watching Conference. No neighborhood kids running in and out, no phone ringing, no texting, computers off....it makes me so happy. I took a moment and looked at my family while we were all together and just soaked it all in. I can be mushy like that sometimes, but I have learned you have to do that. Before you know it they will be gone and just me and Theron will be sitting there watching Conference by ourselves. boo hoo...I am getting old!
We had a great weekend. My boyfriend and I went on a date Friday night at the Olive Garden. You gotta love the never ending pasta bowl! We then went to FunDaze and bought our Halloween costumes, that was exciting!
Saturday night Theron turned our room into a home theater. Really he did!!! He bought a projector a few months back and set it up, took off the wreath on our wall, moved our bed and WOOLA! Home theater!
Theron is having surgery later today. So he thought it would be a good idea to have a getaway in our room since he is on bedrest for one week following surgery. For those of you that don't know, he has a cyst on the left side of his face that is growing very fast. If it keeps growing it will hit the nerves and cause paralysis. Not good. We had my dad and brother in law Joe come over last night and give him a blessing. It was beautiful and said everything would go ok and the doctors would perform the surgery correctly. (Always good to hear!)
So, keep him in your prayers today...we will need them!
We did lots of cooking this weekend: onion straws, chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies, scones, navajo tacos...absolutely delicious!
So, overall a great weekend with my family all snug in our house together! I love it! There is no other place I would rather be.
Monday, October 6, 2008
There's no place like home...
Posted by Stephanie at 8:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
conference weekend was great!
We will pray for theron.
Our thoughts and prayers will be with Theron and your family. I LOVE conference weekend. I love that we can just stay in our PJ's and spend time together as a family and feel of the spirit.
Surgery no matter how minor it is, is still a scary thing to go thru. We love Theron and hate that he has to go thru this. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
P.S. Ditto on the whole conference weekend
Hey, maybe he can get some plastic surgery while they're at it....you know...an eye lift...a nose job...botox...No--he is adorable just the way he is. Seriously, we will be praying for you. Surgery is always scarey and recovery is just plain NO FUN. Let us know is there is ANYTHING we can do! Good luck!!
Post a Comment