Friday, September 5, 2008

Mommy Moment

I had the most wonderful "mommy moment" that I want to share. My sweet 5 year old, Brooke, couldn't find her school planner that she is to bring to school each day. We are trying to rush out of the house to get her to school and she is in a complete panic because she can't find it. I am yelling through the house to get in the car...I am sure she left it at school. I am running through the hallway and am wondering why her bedroom door is closed. As I open it frantically, I see my beautiful Brooke on her knees kneeling beside her bed asking her Heavenly Father to help her find it. Wow! It took my breath away. She has such faith in prayer and it taught me to just calm down for one minute and ask for help even with the simplest of problems. To her it was a huge deal! I took her to school and within minutes of me coming home Nathan found it behind the couch cushions. When she came home from school her face lit up when she saw it.
Thank you Brooke for teaching your mom and for letting me have one of my favortie "mommy moments!"

4 comments:

Kyla Stevens said...

wow. that is a very special thing. what a sweet little brooke. sometimes I think the kids are here to teach us.

Tiffany said...

No wonder the Lord has commanded us to "be a little children". I think that story speaks volumes....

satcy said...

I love hearing stories like that. Reflects on both the child and the parents. Good job!

jsabbott6 said...

All I can say is WOW, what a great story of faith....Thanks for sharing